"I, as a vibrant woman of the United States, in order to form a more perfect vessel of an aging body, establish my goals towards obtaining and maintaining a healthy lifestyle, insure my muscles with strength and flexibility, provide my body with nourishing foods, promote a positive welfare for continued happiness, and secure the blessings of my inner resolve to myself and my posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution For the Rest Of My Life."
Yes, you read it in black and white. The Constitution of our United States is the supreme law of the land, and now The Constitution For the Rest Of My Life has been declared on these pages. Not quite the fine parchment of the original document that established our young nation, but written in a medium that is visible to the billions of people out there who will chose to read it.
It's about time for many things to change in my life. If you are joining me from the Weight Watchers site, you will know that 2013 was not my most stellar year on the fronts of health and well-being. Two surgeries (one major, one minor), grueling physical therapy after the first round in the hospital, and a total respite from any type of exercise for six weeks after the final trip to the operating suite. My job was in total chaos, and created stress levels that exceeded even the worst crises I have ever experienced. Thirteen has proven itself not to be my lucky number.
After the last post surgical check-up from my doctor, I have been given the green light to return to moderate exercise. It's a beautifully sunny day, with temps in the 50s. This day won't last forever, and I do need to restore my depleted reserves of Vitamin D. I am going to walk down to the post office in town to deliver some packages (especially now that most sidewalks and roadways are free of that pesky ice!)
I began my morning with my favorite cereal, hot oatmeal. I added one tablespoon of peanut butter, 1 oz. of dried cranberries, and 1 oz. of shelled walnuts. Yes, 13 Power Points (PP) in the world of Weight Watchers; half of my daily allotment. Breakfast has always been an important meal of my day, and perhaps, my favorite. Using this many points will convince me to eat more veggies and fruits throughout the day, since they are low in points, and are just plain good for everyone.
Next post, I will bear my soul to the world with current pictures of me in a bathing suit. Yes, I am crazy, bold, and just plain nuts, but I want to remember from where and whence I began this venture.Someone said, "it's not the destination that is the reward, it's the journey." There is an empty seat next to me on this steam train, roaring down the tracks. Will you come join me?

No comments:
Post a Comment